Absolute Protection – Volkswagen Protection Plus
Your Volkswagen is more than just your pride-and-joy, it’s also an investment in your future. Here at Volkswagen of Kamloops, we’d like to help protect that future with the Volkswagen Protection Plus line of products. These programs protect you against life’s pitfalls like cosmetic damage, vehicle theft, mechanical breakdowns, or excess wear on your leased vehicle. Visit our Finance Department for more information on how these programs can help protect you!
The Appearance Protection program is all about keeping your Volkswagen looking like new! Should your VW suffer damage like coffee stains or parking lot dings, this program will help cover the cost of returning your vehicle back to its original condition.
- Genuine Volkswagen parts
- Fully transferable
- Coverage in both Canada and continental U.S.
- No deductible during contract term for any covered benefits
- Interior protection
- Paint repair
- Car rental benefit
- Headlight/taillight protection
- Curb scuff repair
- Paintless dent removal
- Key and keyless entry remote replacement
- Front windshield replacement
- Tire and wheel protection
Life is unpredictable. Just because you currently can make payments on your Volkswagen, doesn’t mean you’ll always be able to. Loan Protection covers you in the event that a serious illness or job loss prevents you from making regular payments. This program consists of four sections that all work together to protect you and your family.
In the event of your passing, the Life Coverage ensures that the vehicle remains with your beneficiary or estate by paying off the remainder of the loan. This coverage protects both finance and lease agreements, as well as any residual value left in the vehicle.
Critical Illness Coverage
Should you find yourself out of a job through no fault of your own, Loss of Employment Coverage will continue to make regular payments on your behalf to ensure that you can continue to use your Volkswagen while you search for new employment.
If you become disabled for a covered medical reason, the Disability Coverage will continue making payments until you get back on your feet. This coverage also protects you regardless of whether the injury occured at home, at work, or elsewhere.
- Claim benefits are usually received tax-free
- In most cases no medical exam or underwriting is required
- Most full-time occupations are eligible
- No age, height, weight, or smoking status premium surcharge
- Can be cancelled at any time
- Can protect credit standing
Vehicle Loss Privilege Program
If your Volkswagen becomes classified as a loss due to accident or theft, this program provides a host of different options to help you replace your vehicle.
Negative Equity Privilege
If your Volkswagen becomes a total write-off, but the balance on your vehicle loan is more than what the vehicle’s worth, Negative Equity Privilege steps in. This coverage provides you with an in-store loyalty credit for the difference between the insurer’s settlement amount and the remaining loan balance so you can replace your Volkswagen.
Total Loss Event Privilege
If your vehicle becomes a total loss from an event like a collision, fire, or theft, your insurer will often only pay the fair market value. With Total Loss Event Privilege we will provide a fixed in-store loyalty credit towards your replacement vehicle and cover the difference.
Partial Loss Event Privilege
A damage record due to a fender-bender or other minor event can reduce the resale value of your Volkswagen. Partial Loss Event Privilege provides an in-store loyalty credit to make up for the loss in resale value.
Theft Event Privilege
If your Volkswagen is stolen and isn’t recovered, you are eligible for a fixed in-store loyalty credit towards a replacement vehicle.
- Payable in affordable monthly installments
- 60-day money back guarantee
Mechanical Breakdown Protection
As the name suggest, Mechanical Breakdown Protection is a coverage plan that protects you should your Volkswagen suffer an unexpected breakdown. This coverage is good for up to 10 years or 200,000 kilometers, and also includes 24-hour roadside assistance, trip interruption protection, as well as vehicle rental benefits. And if you never make a claim during your coverage term, select plans offer Claim Free Reward benefits which provide reimbursement benefits for your hard work and dedication.
Levels of Coverage
- 5 Star: Supreme coverage on all components except for a select list of exclusions. Available on all new, certified pre-owned and used Volkswagen vehicles.
- 4 Star: Extensive coverage on the powertrain and many other critical components. Available on all new, certified pre-owned, and used Volkswagen vehicles.
- 3 Star: Essential coverage on major powertrain components for your new, certified pre-owned, or used Volkswagen. Maximum coverage limit of $4,000 per visit.
- Genuine VW parts and certified VW technicians
- Trip interruption reimbursement ($100 per day, up to $500 per repair visit)
- Rental benefit ($50 per day, up to $200 per visit)
- Transferable upon sale of your Volkswagen
- Claims Free Reward Benefit on select plans
- Multiple deduction options including $0 deductible
- Coverage in Canada and continental U.S.
24 Hour Roadside Assistance
- Battery jump-starting
- Lock-out service
- Fuel delivery
- Flat tire changes
Leases Excess Wear Waiver
If you are leasing a Volkswagen, this coverage protects you against any additional costs you may incur at the end of your lease due to excess vehicle damage. This program covers common damaged areas up to $10,000.
- Small dents
- Windshield and other glass/lens damage
- Upholstery damage
- Damaged wheels
- Paint scratches
- Bumper damage
- Worn tires
- Lease excess wear costs are waived
- No deductible
- Coverage up to $10,000
- Fully transferable to a new lease
- Cancellable within 60 days